Hair fall is probably one of the most common problems faced by people. Age is no longer a bar. These days even children are starting to experience hair fall. There are various reasons for hair fall, some of the most common being pollution, stress, improper diet, and lack of sleep.
There are different methods used to treat hair fall. One way that has been extremely effective in controlling and preventing hair fall is the consumption of the right vitamins. Taking vitamin supplements or simply consuming more foods that are rich in vitamins that used to treat hair fall are highly effective.
The choice of medicine varies with the specific problem and can differ from person to person. Consult a health care professional before you start taking any supplements so that you don’t end up aggravating the problem further.
What Vitamins Are Good For Hair Loss?
- Vitamin A
- B Vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B5 (Panthenol)
How To Control Hair Fall Using Vitamins?
Most of us consume vitamin supplements on a daily basis as it helps in building new skin cells and hair. What vitamins are good for hair loss control? Dermatologists state that Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E directly affect and enhance our skin, body, and especially hair.
Specific vitamins control hair fall, but only when used appropriately and not excessively. It is important to first understand which vitamin is effective in treating this condition.
6 Best Vitamins For Hair Fall Control
1. Vitamin A
This vitamin regulates the synthesis of retinoic acid in the hair follicle. It is not only beneficial for skin care, but also helps in hair growth. It also moisturizes your hair and keeps it healthy (1). Vitamin A is found in:
- Sweet potatoes
- Other dark leafy green vegetables
- Sweet red peppers
2. B Vitamins
This is one of the best vitamins that help with hair growth by handling stress. Inositol and B12 are useful B vitamins for hair growth. Vitamin B is found in:
3. Vitamin C
This vitamin helps the body to absorb iron from food, which is essential for hair growth. It also promotes the production of collagen, which is essential for maintaining the structure of your hair and repairing the damage (2). Vitamin C is found in:
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Yellow bell peppers
- Sweet limes
4. Vitamin D
This vitamin for hair loss stimulates the hair follicle and cells so that they form new hair shafts. Vitamin D is found in:
- Cod liver oil
- Soy milk
- Fortified dairy products
5. Vitamin E
It stimulates capillaries, and this improves blood circulation on the scalp. This further aids hair growth because of its rich antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties (3). Vitamin E is found in:
- Sunflower seeds
- Olive oil
6. Vitamin B5
Also known as pro-Vitamin B5 or Panthenol (mostly found in nature as D-Panthenol), this is an important ingredient of hair fall control medicines. Foods rich in Vitamin B5 are:
- Oily fish
- Sunflower seeds
- Sweet potatoes
- Lean pork
Additional Diet Tips
- Those who do not consume adequate proteins and eat a lot of carbohydrates and fat often suffer from hair loss, as their diet is inadequate. So do not skimp on these essential nutrients.
- Indulge in a protein-rich diet, which comes in the form of fish, chicken, some different forms of lentils, dried beans (rajma), tofu, cottage cheese (paneer), and of course, milk.
- Consume Vitamin A and C in the form of a citrus-based fruits, tomato-based curry or lime juice once each day, to make sure your quota of this particular vitamin for hair fall is met.
- Most of the whole foods provide the required nutrients and vitamins for the body. You can choose to add supplements too as these have a greater effect in stimulating the hair growth and thus controlling hair fall.
There are multiple benefits of eating healthy, and strong hair growth or hair fall control is one of them. Make sure you are getting your daily dose of healthy food and see the difference yourself. Stay fit, stay healthy!